Learning about America From Americans Living Abroad

this is a course website for students in English 367.01C at ohio state university, autumn 2004. the creator of the site is the teacher--bob eckhart. this is how i am communicating with my class and how they can communciate with each other.

My Photo
Name:

I am a teacher at OSU and most of my blogs are intended for my students...for me to post information to them and for them to share information with their classmates.

Monday, September 27, 2004

guidelines to choose a good blog

hey folks....i just have a few ideas about what to look for in a "good" blog.....

1) a lot of content....many posts, frequent updates, etc

2) a serious blogger...an author who is thinking critically about his/her situation and reflecting on life in america

3) a blog that is at least a few months old...the longer an american lives abroad, the better chance s/he has to process the similarities/differences between their home culture and the international one


also, a *short* assignment for tuesday, before you leave class:

please leave a "comment" to this post with the name and URL of the blog you will be analyzing this week..also, describe how exactly you found this blog [search engine, search terms, etc] .this way i can make sure you are on the right track, and hopefully your classmates can get some good ideas for blogs they might want to read next or how to find blogs in general..........thanks, bob

1 Comments:

Blogger Krystin said...

My blog URL is http://osuenglish367krystin.blogspot.com
The blog that I am going to use this week is http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/Alvin/ it is about a student from America studying in Japan. I found it through blogsearchengine.com.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home