Learning about America From Americans Living Abroad

this is a course website for students in English 367.01C at ohio state university, autumn 2004. the creator of the site is the teacher--bob eckhart. this is how i am communicating with my class and how they can communciate with each other.

My Photo
Name:

I am a teacher at OSU and most of my blogs are intended for my students...for me to post information to them and for them to share information with their classmates.

Saturday, October 30, 2004

start of week 7

i am grading your blog analysis #5 papers, and it occurs to me that i have forgotten to tell you that after i make my comments [and give them a grade], i still expect you to go back to the original post and edit it...not just "correct" the mistakes, but improve your vague language, etc. revision is a *key* component of the writing process, and nowhere is it as easy to do as it is on a blog.

also, there is one aspect of blogs i haven't asked you to think about yet, but i'm asking you now: advertising. how do banner ads [and pop-ups?] play a part in the blogging experience. sometimes i know that bloggers earn revenue from ads, and certainly, the free blog-sites sustain themselves in this regard as well. so, now that we have been analyzing fundamental parts of blogs since late-september, i want you to start thinking about another issue in relation to them...advertising.

hope you've having a good weekend....bob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home